Study Links Monsanto GM Corn to Organ Failure

Study Links Monsanto GM Corn to Organ Failure A new study claims to have uncovered new health effects caused by genetically modified corn from the agricultural giant Monsanto. The International Journal of Biological Sciences says GM corn helped cause organ damage in rats. The study¹s author called Monsanto¹s GM methods ³a very serious mistake, dramatic for public health.² http://www.democracynow.org/2010/1/13/headlines#12
A Comparison of the Effects of Three GM Corn Varieties on Mammalian Health We present for the first time a comparative analysis of blood and organ system data from trials with rats fed three main commercialized genetically modified (GM) maize (NK 603, MON 810, MON 863), which are present in food and feed in the world. . . Effects were mostly associated with the kidney and liver, the dietary detoxifying organs, although different between the 3 GMOs. Other effects were also noticed in the heart, adrenal glands, spleen and haematopoietic system. We conclude that these data highlight signs of hepatorenal toxicity, possibly due to the new pesticides specific to each GM corn. In addition, unintended direct or indirect metabolic consequences of the genetic modification cannot be excluded. http://www.biolsci.org/v05p0706.pdf
These results seem to be consistent with the results that Arpad Pusztai found in 1996. http://www.seedsofdeception.com/documentFiles/119.pdf
Another reason to grow your own.
--
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
poor have no food, they call you a communist.²

Sounds good to me - means GM corn is rat proof ;)
Add pictures here
✖