strawberry leaves with holes in

Ive had holes in the leaves on my strawberries all summer, i found a very few tiny about 3mm green caterpillars but not enough to be an infestation, so dont think theyre the usual sort. Apart from not looking good with holes in the leaves, the crop seems to have been reduced considerably, I sprayed with my usual Murphys insecticide, but to no avail. Too late for this year, but I would like to avoid a repeat performance next year if anyone has any advice please...
--
ladya00

Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@thehousesignstudio.co.ukINVALID says...

A better description would be helpful.
Do the holes look like the leaves were hit with very fine buckshot?
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 23, 11:17 am, ladya00

phorbin is right you need to give the basic interrogatives, and then more, to get specifics. Pics are always good.
Yet w/ a bit of quick searching you can find these that may help you:
http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/hort/news/hortmatt/2007/18hrt07a5.htm
http://ohioline.osu.edu/b926/pdf/b926-ch6.pdf
http://ucanr.org/blogs/blogcore/postdetail.cfm?postnum=1332
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks for the helpful information!
Add pictures here
✖
'Gunner[_3_ Wrote: > ;937554']On Sep 23, 11:17*am, ladya00

> looking

> (http://tinyurl.com/6624d9f )
Thanks so much for links, definitely not leaf roller though, no webbing, but holes are spread out, and quite small and round at first, seasons over now, but just keen to avoid same next year. ..bit puzzling though as i found so few worm things, considering the damage they did! Thanks for your help.
--
ladya00

Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@thehousesignstudio.co.ukINVALID says... +

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flea_beetle
http://www.uvm.edu/pss/ppp/pubs/el71.htm
The pattern of damage always reminds me of tiny buckshot.
http://clark.wsu.edu/volunteer/mg/gm_tips/Fleabeetles.html
Look into predatory nematodes.
Add pictures here
✖
Slugs, tarnished plant bugs and strawberry root weevils all get their nourishment from the leaves of the strawberry plant, thus leaving the leaves damaged and creating holes in leaves.You can use vinegar-based herbicides to control pests,but in case of savior infection,use chemicals.
--
allen73

Add pictures here
✖