Strawberry blossoms

Planted some strawberries and the first blossoms have appeared. I read somewhere that one should pick off the blossoms because it encourages the plants to send out shooters. If I pick off the blossoms, that means I won't have any strawberries this year. Right? Will the plants spread if I don't pick the blossoms? Or do you think I should just pick some of the blossoms and not all? I really want to pick some berries this year. Any advice?
Hud wrote:

Depends on the variety. If they're everbearing, you can pick the blossoms until the end of June then let them go. I put in Tristar Everbearing strawberries last year and did just that and had more strawberries from a 16' bed than I could eat.
..
Zone 5b in Canada's Far East.

I never picked the blossoms and the strawberries send out PLENTY of runners!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Now that's what I wanted to hear! Thanks, Om.

:-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.