strawberries

im growing strawberries for the first time this year and i cant wait to eat my first ones
--
agentelrond

What would you like to enjoy with your strawberries? Hazel nuts comes to mind for no particular reason. Then a salad with your berry's then .... It is a welcome challenge to celebrate what we grow and enjoy with others.
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Not all who wander are lost.

Spinach salad with sliced strawberries, toasted slivered almonds and a sweeted poppyseed red onion balsamic vinaigrette......ahhhhh.
Charlie
On Sun, 31 May 2009 16:36:31 -0500, Charlie - "An Organic Fanatic" wrote:

That sound fantastic, Charlie. Man, we need a rec.garden.edible online cookbook.
forth:

I'll dig the recipe out after awhile and post it. Might as well be here as anywhere, eh? This is r.g.EDIBLE! Eatin' what yer growin' is the name o' the game.
Charlie
forth:

1/4 C honey 2 Tbsp white wine, red wine vinegar or balsamic, according to your preferences 1 1/2 tsp olive oil 1 tsp finely minced red onion 3/4 tsp poppy seeds 1/4 tsp paprika Salt and pepper to taste Mix above...best if allowed to sit and make love for awhile
6 cups torn spinach 2 cups halved strawberries 2 Tbsp toasted slivered almonds (I use lots more)
Yada yada, plate, dressing, top with almonds etc....
Enjoy Charlie
On Sun, 31 May 2009 22:20:52 -0500, Charlie - "An Organic Fanatic" wrote:

Thanks, Charlie!
On Sun, 31 May 2009 16:32:27 -0400, Bill who putters

If I grew strawberries, strawberry shortcake would be on the menu.
Kate