strawberries

im growing strawberries for the first time this year and i cant wait to eat my first ones

Reply to
agentelrond

What would you like to enjoy with your strawberries? Hazel nuts comes to mind for no particular reason. Then a salad with your berry's then .... It is a welcome challenge to celebrate what we grow and enjoy with others.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

On Sun, 31 May 2009 16:32:27 -0400, Bill who putters spuked forth:

Spinach salad with sliced strawberries, toasted slivered almonds and a sweeted poppyseed red onion balsamic vinaigrette......ahhhhh.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie - "An Organic Fanatic"

If I grew strawberries, strawberry shortcake would be on the menu.

Kate

Reply to
kate

That sound fantastic, Charlie. Man, we need a rec.garden.edible online cookbook.

Reply to
Steve

On Sun, 31 May 2009 17:37:55 -0700, Steve spuked forth:

I'll dig the recipe out after awhile and post it. Might as well be here as anywhere, eh? This is r.g.EDIBLE! Eatin' what yer growin' is the name o' the game.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie - "An Organic Fanatic"

On Sun, 31 May 2009 17:37:55 -0700, Steve spuked forth:

1/4 C honey 2 Tbsp white wine, red wine vinegar or balsamic, according to your preferences 1 1/2 tsp olive oil 1 tsp finely minced red onion 3/4 tsp poppy seeds 1/4 tsp paprika Salt and pepper to taste Mix above...best if allowed to sit and make love for awhile

6 cups torn spinach

2 cups halved strawberries 2 Tbsp toasted slivered almonds (I use lots more)

Yada yada, plate, dressing, top with almonds etc....

Enjoy Charlie

Reply to
Charlie - "An Organic Fanatic"

Thanks, Charlie!