strawberries

yum..........nothing like fresh strawberries. my son and i went to the local fruit farm and picked strawberries today..........I think he ate more than he picked!
the strawberries made a great strawberry cream cheese poundcake too!

I've got a strawberry shake right now... my mother and sister have strawberries and whipped cream... Yum.
Strawberries are pretty easy things to grow yourself, and once you get a bed established and going, you'll have plenty of them. :-) (We've grown strawberries in IL and IN north of I-70 and south of I-80 with plenty of success.)
Puckdropper

I haven't seen any slugs, but that's not to say they're not out there.
We do occasionally get some bad red berries, but they're minimal compared to the number of good ones.
Puckdropper

Same here - don't have to deal with slugs much. After a lot of rain - my mom had an invasion of slugs in her house. they put table salt everywhere to get rid of the slugs - don't know how that would work in a garden though.............sorry
Hi, we are in the UK and have a patch of Hapil strawberries. They were "billed" as being big fruit and certainly live up to that reputation.
Exellent sized and flavoured fruit - so far!