straw bale garden update +

g'day friends,
we hope all had a very merry season and a happy new year to come.
anyhow we have added more pics of the straw garden to date plus some general shots around the garden environ'.
we hope you get the time to look and enjoy as we enjoy the giving.
http://www.lensgarden.com.au/straw_bale_garden.htm
len With peace and brightest of blessings,
len
http://www.lensgarden.com.au /

Well done! Truly! :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.
thank you omelet,
wrote:
snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,
len
http://www.lensgarden.com.au /
Neat page and very good idea.
Helen
--
My Word
in
wrote:

With peace and brightest of blessings,
len
http://www.lensgarden.com.au /

Very impressive!
A friend of mine has a straw bale garden which I helped him set up in 2003 (when I could still bend over without pain). He used wheat straw and the bales lasted two seasons. After his last 2004 harvest, he turned it into a compost bin for the winter and built a new garden in 2005.
Your yard is a fairly decent size. 740 m^2 translates into almost 8000 ft^2 or about 60' x 133'. From where are you filling these 5000 gallon water tanks?
You have a great deal of fencing as do your neighbors. Are these to keep roos out? Do you have a rabbit problem?
Where in OZ are you?
Dick
thanks dick,
yes not a bad sized yard when you consider around the 600 sq/mt mark is average they are too small.
solid fences over here make for good neighbours as the yards are so compact if you don't have a good fence people feel they are cohabitating too close to their neighbours.
we have no rabbits or anything to keep out, just the neighbours gaze so to speak.
the water for the tank comes from the roof.
i am just north of the capitol of queensland which is on the north eastern side of australia, and we are in the south eastern part of the state. happy new year