Stirrings

Page 3 of 3

Ummmmm. Dunno yet. I haven't looked in my seed tins or at Green Harvest to see what thye've got in their online dogalogue.
And of course there are still lots of things hanging on in the veg garden and just waiting for a bit more warmth to start a spurt. I've got baby lettuces and mizuna sulking away as are the onions and there is not even a sign yet of the eschallots I planted.
Farm1 wrote:

Looks like being early here too, the birds are all getting frisky, the butcherbirds are calling (beautiful) and the swallows fly in to inspect the interior of the shed for nesting potential whenever the door is open.
A couple of asparagus spears have popped already. So far no fruit trees have flowered which is good as there wouild be a big risk of a late frost.

I was listening to a weatherman reporting that this winter looks like it might be a record breaker for higher temps and a snow shortage (in terms of depth and period of coverage) for the Mountains. Poor snow bunnies ;-P
the birds are all getting frisky, the

:-)) I love the bird aqctivity in Spring (except for the ******g Currawongs which I hate with a passion).
And today I was thrilled to see a flock of about 40 yellow tailed Black Cockatoos!!!!! Such majestic birds wheeling round and screeching.

Indeedy! I must check my asparagus tomorrow.