Stirrings

I thought that was compulsory on usenet?

Reply to
Farm1

LOL. That's sinful thing to do to a cult movie.

Reply to
Farm1

I didn't know that he even existed until after his death.

When I admitted that in an American dominated ng, I was taken to task for not knowing him by an American who thought he and his show were wonderful. When I did find out what he did and actaully got to see one of his TV shows, all I could do was cringe at both his accent and his gormlessness. He was a total construct for a TV audience IMO.

Well they won't get any support from me.

Not all that long ago, I heard a replay of a radio interview of him about some conservation issue or other. What fascinated me about the recording was that he started out with that appalling accent and sounding his usuual daft self but the longer the interview went on and the more immersed and passionate he got about the subject, the more educated he began to sound and the more his appalling accent dropped away until he sounded just like any other middle class Aussie.

Reply to
Farm1