Still have whiteflies

Page 2 of 2

Bullshit snip...................

Exactly, so get off your high horse.
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article

Wow, I'll have to try that! I'd given up on growing squash long ago because of the borers...
--
Peace! Om

βœ–
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 00:32:19 -0500, "Marie Dodge"
Yes.
Charlie
"The insufferable arrogance of human beings to think that Nature was made solely for their benefit, as if it was conceivable that the sun had been set afire merely to ripen men's apples and head their cabbages." ~Savinien de Cyrano de Bergerac, Ιtats et empires de la lune, 1656
Add pictures here
βœ–

said
mine.
of
I found Sevin liquid concentrate 1 tablespoon per quart of water in a spray bottle works OK. The spray leaves a chalky residue on the leaves that dissipates in a couple of weeks.
I'm real keen now on how to identify, locate, search and destroy crop infesting parasites. For instance I found a small worn camping out in a corn silk that would eventually turn into a big ugly.
The first clue was some small tender leaves that had been chewed.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Sounds like corn ear worm, another very common garden pest where I live. If you beat the CEWs, the coons, crows and deer get the corn. :-)

Add pictures here
βœ–
"Marie Dodge" writes:

Do you have Comfidor there? That's the chemical spray that is recommended for whitefly here in Australia. It is one of the sprays with low-toxicity residues. COMFIDOR

βœ–
I wrote:

The spelling is actually CONFIDOR. It's a Bayer product.

βœ–