Still have whiteflies

(edited)

Dodge, I'm sorry that you can't read English with comprehension but that is not my problem. The statement I was responding to was,

Rather labored English (almost German construction), I'll grant you but the results was making an equivalency between financial cost and the cost to one's personal health. I don't care if you learn the difference or not. If you'd rather pay a lower price to suck down pesticide residues,it is no concern of mine. As I said, there is "Just no accounting for some peoples taste".

If you wish to feed your loved ones poison, there isn't much I can do about it. Whatever other twisted opinions you have of my objective statement is of no interest to me. Piss off.

"For the first time in the history of the world, every human being is now subjected to contact with dangerous chemicals, from the moment of conception until death." ~Rachel Carson, Silent Spring, 1962

Reply to
Billy

When gas was under $2.00 per gallon, a 60 mile trip was nothing. That's no longer true. :-( It's not legal for farmers market sellers to sell commercial produce! If you know of some that are doing that, you need to report them.

I can tell by the condition of the FM produce here that it's locally grown, plus I personally know some of the people. :-)

I've dabbled with the concept of hydroponics to save on water costs...

Reply to
Omelet

It's of no use. You can't prove they bought the stuff from wholesalers. Only those claiming they're selling organic food have to show some kind of papers. And then there is no telling if what they sell came from their own organic farm or their friend's farm down the road who uses all kinds of pesticides. People will find ways to get around anything. :( Gas here now is running around $3.85 g.

I looked into it but it's too costly.

Reply to
Marie Dodge

Bullshit snip...................

Exactly, so get off your high horse.

Reply to
Marie Dodge

You're very welcome. I can't tell you how pleasantly surprised I was to find something that worked so well. I suspect that these types of row covers are going to be a big help to the home gardener.

Isabella

Reply to
Isabella Woodhouse

Do you have Comfidor there? That's the chemical spray that is recommended for whitefly here in Australia. It is one of the sprays with low-toxicity residues. COMFIDOR

Reply to
John Savage

The spelling is actually CONFIDOR. It's a Bayer product.

Reply to
John Savage