Stevia

I did a little research after a friend recommended it to me and I picked some of this up this weekend. Stevia rebaudiana is an herb that has been used for centuries by the Guarani Indians of Paraguay. I was wondering if anyone else had any experience and/or knowledge with this herb. If you want to know more about it you can read about it at http://www.stevia.net /.
snipped-for-privacy@rim.net writes:

Love it! However, none has gotten to the powdering stage. <g>
A part of a Stevia list with a Chocolate Peppermint leaf makes a great dessert, no calories!
Glenna
Glenna Rose writes:

leaf not list!!!

Interestingly there are commercial versions of powdered extract. I bought a small tub at a health food store some two years ago and it is still in excellent condition. It doesn't go off, so far as I can judge.

Well no, it's only the dried powdered leaf after all. That can get weaker over the years, but it can't go off. I've an ounce or two from 1996 that still tastes sweet.
Henriette
--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed