Squash Puzzlement

So, I grew a couple hills of Kabocha squash from seeds from a Seed Saver's Exchange member. Did reasonably well in a known cruddy part of the garden and a dodgy year. I stored a half-dozen squashes on my plant table, now not full, since it isn't spring, and the first one I cut open to gut and roast had a lot of nice big seeds in, which I cleaned and dried. Just now, I sliced open the biggest of the batch, perhaps 10 inches in diameter. Nice thick flesh, but only a little pulp in the middle with NO SEEDS! A few little vestigial seeds, but nothing like the earlier one. I thought cucurbits wouldn't develop if pollinated. Have I got a "Capon" squash? Color me perplexed; not the first time, and surely not the last.

Andy comments:
Perhaps the bees were wearing condoms ????? ::>)))))))
In article

You seem to have misconscrewed the role of the bees in the pollination of plants ;O)
--
When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the
poor have no food, they call you a communist.

I believe in Boston, that's misconscrod.
Actually, despite all the problems I have a good bee population around the garden and environs.