Sprinkler pipe questions

We're getting ready to plant here. I have PVC lines into my garden. I want to put long pipes of the black ABS, half inch or so. I know I need to put pressure reducers at the beginning of the lines. What about stubbing off the other end? I've seen it folded over and held with baling wire. Is that okay, or is there a plug that goes on the end? And what about soaker hose. I know there are various capacity of emitters, is that the same for soaker hoses?

Last year, we just ran the water through bubblers and into rows, but the watering was uneven, with some things dry, and some things flooded.

Helps and tips appreciated for this newbie.

We're going to put up a trellis, with some shade cloth and some spraying hoses, as the sun gets brutal here in summer.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Yes, that works.

Reply to
FarmI

Howdy,

No expert I, but...

Those that I have used have a "washer" in the intake end. That washer has a very small hole in the center.

Obviously, that decreases the flow rate into the soaker hose.

I will also add that soaker hoses seem to vary radically in quality. We have some that are in good shape after 10 years of use and others that were falling apart before getting through one season.

All the best,

Reply to
Kenneth