Spring has sprung...

Sorry for the cross post but dang, a high of 58 expected today and 64 tomorrow, methinks spring has sprung. I even broke out the rototiller yesterday and worked up the ground in 2 small plots. Its T-shirt weather in Albuquerque!

Lets see, time to get the peas in the ground fast and................. Snow, we don't got no steeeeenkin snow.......

Reply to
Grandpa

Well, Spring is a fond hope here in Spokane WA, but I went out to the garden yesterday and the spinach I seeded late last fall is coming up. In 30-35 degree weather! I went out this morning and put on the bird netting (they're already fenced for rabbits) to hold down the feasting.

1 week till initial thinning, 2 more to baby leaves, and full plants before the end of March. If it all doesn't freeze :-).
Reply to
Larry Blanchard

70 in central Texas. I mowed the lawn. Really. Not much grass but a lot of weeds. Then I did some pruning.

It's supposed to be even warmer tomorrow. I'll continue my outdoor work.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

I thatched my lawn (Bermuda grass) a month ago. Roses have eyelets where leaves are starting, carrots are coming back up, garlic looks like its coming around, onions are coming out as are the daffodils.

I washed my Texas Cadillac (Chevy Suburban) today too!

Reply to
Grandpa

Hmmmmm......

Here in New Brunswick (Canada), I awoke to some coals still in the woodstove, and a temp of minus 30 degrees Celsius with the windchill. And there is still plenty of snow down, and the ice won't be out of the lake until mid April. I gotta retire down south. About all the gardening I can do is look at the seed catalogs. Nice to hear someone gets to play in the dirt.

Mike in NB

Reply to
Mike in NB

It's not nice to gloat grandpa! "Spring has sprung, Fall has fell, Winter's here, and its colder'n last year."

Reply to
Darwin Vander Stelt

Won't be spring here for awhile. Here in Nebraska we still have 2 ft of snow on the ground, and with temps remaining at freezing, we'll be lucky if all this snow is melted by June.

I still prefer the snow and ice over the crowds and road-raged drivers in southern California...

Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte J.

Is this normal? Our miniature iris' are in full bloom, and I see several bulbs starting to come up. We are in TN.

Reply to
BiG_Orange

I live in northern AR and have several bright patches of miniature iris (Purple Gem)blooming now. It has to be normal because this is the third year in a row in which they bloomed around the twentieth of February, and this is the third year since I planted them. The only other explanation I can think of is that miniature iris in AR and TN aren't normal! :)

John.

Reply to
B & J

Reply to
madgardener

Yes, but...... The people who know you are well aware that nothing is your garden could be "normal." It wouldn't be growing there if it was. :)

John

Reply to
B & J