spray bottle?

Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,

-T

pump up

For small weed jobs I'll reuse empty shower spray bottles.

Reply to
Frank

I was trying not to get aerosol all over my cloths (20% vinegar). Do these shower bottles have wands on them?

No wands but not messy. Not sure how 20% vinegar affects skin but suspect it is not a big problem.

Reply to
Frank

Which reminded me to go out and spray some grass/weeds in my berry patch . O'm using an old spray bottl that useta have cleaner of some kind in it . Thanks !

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Go to the nearest supermarket and look around, I use cheap spray bottles that you can change the spray on. Usually less than 3 bucks US.

George

Reply to
George Shirley

Dollar store has them too.

Reply to
Frank

I suspect you haven't read the MSDS...

Reply to
Ecnerwal

I was hoping for something with a wand on it, so I can directly soak the poor dears and not waste expensive vinegar.

Oh ya! Before the $12.00 thingy broke, it kill the poor dears (free organic matter, as Songbird call them) really well.

The part about its effect on your eyes is a real trip to read!

Why should I? I'm not the one working with it. But, did google up a couple and worse than I would have thought since you can drink 5% acetic acid. Also suspect that this concentration has not been fully tested and they use the worst warnings from 100% acetic acid. I write SDS's and when confronted with the situation where the mixture has not been tested do this all the time.

Reply to
Frank

I have a D.B. Smith 1-gallon sprayer - I had to go look at it to see what brand it was, and I have no idea what I paid for it, since it was a long time ago. It still works. I do rinse it out after use and have not used high-test vinegar in it.

I have no idea if its build quality or location is the same as the current products under the same name.

One thing I liked about the version I have (seems not to be the same on what I see in current products) was that it was designed to work well hung by a strap - location of liquid pickup was such that when strapped, the pickup is right in the bottom.

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Thank you!