Spots on leaves - please help

My tomato and pepper plants have spots on the leaves and I'd like to know what to do.
I planted these on May 24 in containers and set them on my deck. I sprayed them on May 28 with a spray that contains potassium salts of fatty acids and sulfur. A few days later, I noticed a few spots on the pepper plant at the tips of the bottom leaves. Then today I noticed spots on the tomato plants mostly near the bottom.
Here's a picture of the tomato plants - www.geocities.com/littleboyblu87/Husky-6-4-07.jpg and www.geocities.com/littleboyblu87/tomatoplant.jpg
Could any of these problems be caused by self-watering bottles that I have set up in the containers? Perhaps there's a problem with things getting in the water that could cause disease? Or maybe the plants aren't getting enough water or fertilizer?
What can I do to save the plants? I only have two tomato plants and one pepper plant.
Mike S. said:

Was it a bright, warm sunny day when you sprayed them? They could have been burned by the spray. (I only ever spray tomatoes with seaweed spray and occassionally used copper dust, and I never spray any plants with anything in the midday sun, except when I'm spraying to kill weeds.)
Had they been properly hardened off to outdoor conditions? They could have been sun burned.

Nothing to worry about there.

Too much fertilizer or mineral salts in a potted can burn the leaf tips like that.

I suggest you rinse the plants down and flush the pots (water them till it runs out the bottom). Put the plants where they will get some afternoon shade and move the tomatoes gradually back into full sun. (In my experience, peppers like a little shade in the afternoon heat.)