Spinach & onions

Got my spinach and onions set out yesterday. Finished them altho my back was really tired since rain was predicted. It did rain some last night.

Now how do I keep the cats from using the boxes as their private toilet? I stuck some sticks in the boxes and will see how that does. Any other ideas?

Reply to
The Cook

that which does not kill us, makes us tired and due for a nap. :)

motion detector attached to sprinkler.

chicken wire around and over.

electric fence.

catnip powder mixed in/sprinkled on something greasy that they'll get on their feet and start licking. they'll forget about going potty and become a source of instant entertainment.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Amen

Thanks for the response. Think we are going to do chicken wire but I love the suggestion about the catnip.

Reply to
The Cook

I put my chicken wire flat on the garden beds. It discourages raccoons from digging through the mulch for worms. It would probably work for cats too, except for the Alpha cat that will poop without burying.

Reply to
Billy

Raccoons are pretty easy to handle, especially if you have a pet dog. Just let it guard outside at night. you can also try to turn on a talk show on the radio and leave it outside. Raccoons are sneaky animals, so they will probably shy off when they heard human voices.

Reply to
pol_bishop25

Billy wrote: ...

prop it a bit up off the ground. kitties won't like walking on it.

i'm a bit too late on the few sandy gardens i wanted to top with some shredded bark/wood mulch because the flowers are already coming up. i am going to have to see if i can get some of the smaller stuff screened out and just use that until later when i can add the bigger and sharper pieces in between taking out the stubble from the flowers and planting the cover crops.

songbird

Reply to
songbird