Some pepper questions

OK, that is a *bit* reassuring. So, one might benefit from the addition of compost tea to counteract the effect of chlorinated water?

Our water comes from a water tower, 1/3 mile from our home, after a two mile trip from the treatment plant. I'm gonna check chlorine levels now....hang on.......

OK...I've got .75 ppm chlorine. Whaddaya think. Scientific wildass guesses are acceptable. I be no chemistryist, ya know.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Whatcha lookin' fo' dog?

EPA guidelines allow up to 4 parts per million (ppm) of chlorine in municipal tap water. We find this allowance alarming, since a standard pool test kit shows that levels above 3 ppm are not safe to swim in!

FDA relies on state and local government agencies to approve water sources for safety and sanitary quality, as specified in part 129.3(a). Also, some states have regulations that differ from FDA's in content or coverage. For example, Texas requires water haulers transporting water in a tank truck or trailer to maintain a minimum chlorine residual of

0.5 mg/L in the water, whereas FDA does not have any specific regulations requiring chlorination of water.
is also reflected in Cl. max. for dialysis water.
'n you wants to hit the panic button, read here.
If'n you wants to be reassured, there is this from down under.

Finally,The amount of residual chlorine permitted in water effluents varies from one facility to another. Normally the allowable amount of chlorine is typically less than about 100 micrograms per liter as "total" chlorine.

don'ts wants to be talkin' down to you dog, cause I likes my body the way that it is (with nuthin' cut off) but to put this into perspective mg/liter = ppm.

Hope you finds somethin' useful in this missive.

Well, time to go get the cork outten my breakfast. I just hates to eat on an empty stomach;o)

Reply to
Billy

[..]

Cascabel perhaps?

Reply to
B. Server

Not Charlie, but I like to play...

I also have planted all of my peppers close enough to touch. They seem to like companionship.

I tried a couple of years ago to bring my peppers in and overwinter them, but a surprise frost kind of bit me a bit and I also forgot about watering them for too long.

I'm going to give it a serious try this year, and also maybe try some leaf node cuttings with the plastic bag trick (sorry, don;'t know the official name for it).

Reply to
JustTom