Solarizing the soil

I am attempting to solarizing the soil in one of my garden plots because last year all my tomatoes had nematodes. I am using the instructions in the "Sunset Western Garden Problem Solver" except that I am using 6 mil plastic because that is what my brother bought.
I put the remote probe from a digital thermometer on the soil surface in the middle of the 4 foot by 20 foot bed and so far the highest temperature I have gotten was 112 degrees F. Is that hot enough to kill nematodes? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,

How hot does the soil need to get to kill most of the tomato nematodes?
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
I don't know if solarizing kills nematodes. You can always call your local cooperative extension and they can answer all your questions. I know planting marigold flowers around tomatoes help w/nematodes Nicole
--
3 of every 10 Americans Know Someone With Lupus
Help find the cure. www.lupus.org
Articles http://www.mastergardeners.org/projects/nematode.html
the site imo
http://vric.ucdavis.edu/usesites/ressite.htm