Snails, Slugs, Hedgehogs etc.

Page 2 of 3

wrote in

{:-))
Franz
On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 15:42:48 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"

That is why I wrote "to observant Jews".
--
Chris Green

Indeed, After I had commented originally.
Franz
paghat wrote: [...]

We did actually know that: I think you've mistaken us for one of those dimwit crossposting newsgroups. Be discerning, and don't be misled by some of the headers the freaks add this group to.

[rolls eyes]
I make a flippant remark about slugs being unclean, and end up reading part of a long diatribe that seems to have little point.
Ray Drouillard

Ray,
I am the originator of this string (what role does the snail and/or slug have in the garden) and am amazzzzzzzzzzzzzed at all the nonsense replies.
Have a Good Day
LenBo

Are you really so unfamiliar with the phenomenon of thread drift?
Franz

The answer my Dear Franz is - YES. I am very active on the Rugby Newsgroups. However I find this drift absolute childish nonsense.
Have a good day - with a slug or two.
Happpppppppppy Everythings,
LenBo
[alt.usenet.kooks, alt.fan.art-bell deleted from the newsgroup list]

[remainer snipped for decency]
My, my, such language!
Dear Mr. Newton, please do not be so vulgar in these newsgroups. While you may regard the gardening newsgroups perhaps as a locker room, there are others who regard it as a tea party, and find your shouting, nasty derogatory terms, and scatalogical slang to be unpleasant and disruptive.
Warm Regards,
Claire Petersky please substitute yahoo for mousepotato to reply Home of the meditative cyclist: http://home.earthlink.net/~cpetersky/Welcome.htm Personal page: http://www.geocities.com/cpetersky / See the books I've set free at: http://bookcrossing.com/referral/Cpetersky

Soory Claire, I blew my stack a little bit. I apologize. - C.
You are a kook packrat. - Thanks, - C.

Actually, I found his rant to be quite amusing.
While I try to use some decorum in my own communications, my term of service in the military has desensitized me to most invective.
Ray Drouillard
On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:50:02 -0400, "Ray Drouillard"

Yawn. Dullard by name..............
Regards, Nick Maclaren.

Botton line is snails and slugs are good for nothing except bird food. Get some ducks or chickens if you want to control them organically. They also hate copper and will not cross a strip of copper, so you can wrap copper foil around the stems of affected plants and they will not crawl past that. Go out in the morning and pick them off by hand. Look for their hiding places (under rocks and boards); they will not be very far from the plants. Reduce the number of hiding places. Use slug and snail bait where needed. Got to reduce their populations. - Thanks, C.
On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:08:59 GMT, "Charles Newton"

But you do have entertainment value....

Real cute, zippie. You just crapped and I found it. Thanks a lot - C.

Is crappie your most often used word?

Only when crapies like you swim around in my computer scrern and leave little dung threads hanging from their behinds. Just like you and how your crappy pappy always taught you. See what I mean now? Please stop pooping your crap all over this chat space and I will not report you to EARTHLINK like I did to packrat the raturd. You don't see her writing here any more do you? Got it, fellah? Good. Thanks for nothing - C.

The place where optimism most flourishes is the lunatic asylum.

No, a crappie is a type of fish.