snails and slugs

Page 2 of 2

Thanks
One other thing:
Some people use about 1 part ammonia to 5 parts water as a spray. Do you know anything about that? Is the sudsy kind OK? OK for vegetables like greens? Need to wait before eating?
Thanks again
It works, but it must be sprayed directly on the slug. It's very like putting salt on them. GET THE SLUGGO!

OK, Thanks

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 19:08:13 -0400, " Cal Who"

Probably not that appealing, but I just go out every morning and pick them off. I dump them in a bowl of slightly soapy water. We have some lillies next to the garden, which seem to be fair snail magnets. Also, I keep some damp wood around, to the same purpose.
After a while, there aren't very many.
George

Thanks for your input
'George[_10_ Wrote: > ;893662']On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 19:08:13 -0400, " Cal Who"

Try using the Slug Bell it's very efficient and attractive too
--
tabbycat

They are cute!
Thanks