Small front garden - what to plant?

Hi,
I have a terrace house with a small front garden approx 1m x 4m. There is a small wall at the front just under 1m high. I have a problem with cats so I want to grow perennial plants, and plants that will cover the ground, leaving little bare soil. I like cottage gardens and that's the look I want, but every time I go to the garden centre I just get overwhelmed and come away with nothing! If anyone has any suggestions I would be most grateful. Thanks!
--
davver79

What kind of soil? How much sun (full, partial, none, all day, half day, ect)?
Browse http://www.efn.org/~bsharvy/edible.html and http://www.motherearthnews.com/print-article.aspx?id 6778
--

- Billy

davver79 wrote:

Where are you? What is the climate? What is the aspect of the garden?
David