Sick Satsuma Tree?

Hi everyone,
First post so a big cheer from me to you guys :)
I have what I think is a Satsuma tree (fruited about 3 yrs ago but nothing since), and brownish blobs have appeared on the leafs. Admittedly, I noticed them last yr but they were few and far between. This time however, there are much more particular towards the base of the tree.
Here is a picture which better helps
http://tinyurl.com/6r48hg
Any ideas what this is?
--
stag

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:39:20 +0100, stag

Hard to tell from the photo, but it might be cedar-apple rust, a fungal infection. Try searching online and looking at the photos and descriptions available based on that term.
Do you have cedars or junipers in the area?
Boron
stag wrote:

Hi, It may not be a problem, it could be a beneficial fungus shown here: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/images/1574893597 and described here: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/HS122 , go to fig 17.
HTH -_- how
--
no NEWS is good

Thx for your replies guys. I have none of those trees nearby nor do the suggested causes look to be what has occurred. I should add, the picture doesnt really show well, but marks are actually raised almost like you can scrape em off with a finger. I also notice a fair few ants wondering around...
Any other ideas?
--
stag