Siam Queen Basil

Has anyone grown this type of basil? I love the smell of this, and at first I thought it was the thai basil, but then it really smells and taste like the basil when you go get Pho (vietnamese noodle soup!). Yum yum.
My question is, is this a vigorous growing plant? I love cilantro too, but I don't like it when it bolts and there goes my plant. (by the way, can i leave the flowers there and hoping the seed will drop back into the container?)
Is it the same with cilantro where I have to prevent it from flowering? the tip of my plant is now purple, i'm not sure if the leaves are suppose to be like that or it's trying to flower on me again?!! I want to have continuous supply of this yummy basil. Please advise!
On 10 Aug 2004 18:01:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (faye) wrote:

I went on vacation for 2 weeks, and I thought I was going to have to take a weed wacker to it when I got back.
I *did* take a weed wacker to the lemon basil. And the cinnamon basil. And the Italian basil.

For the basil or the cilantro? Basil reseeds itself all over my yard, but the cilantro, not so much. Cilantro only reseeds a few plants every year, while I find new basil plants by running over them with the lawn mower. I suspect it's the heat, I have to grow cilantro as a fall or spring crop to keep it from bolting.

Keeping the flowers cut will give you a bushier plant with vigorous leaf production. That being said, I let mine flower and always have plenty.
Penelope