Shredded Paper in Compost Pile

Page 3 of 3
Steve Newport wrote:

We used sawdust and wood shavings from a cabinet shop under our chicken roost 40 years ago with great success. Leave it lay there, the chickens scratch in it for tidbits and it self-composts in place. Once a month, or sooner, we would haul it over to the compost heap. Occasionally, if we were very busy it would go straight to the fallow part of the garden and get turned under. With chicken manure you have to make certain is is no longer hot or it will burn the crop. Rabbit manure, in my experience, can be put straight into the garden with no problems.