shallots in containers

I have some shallots that have started to sprout. Since they are very difficult to find where I am (Japan) I was thinking I could perhaps plant them. I live in an apartment building with a small balcony, so I am limited to container planting. Can it be done? I can't seem to find much information on the web about planting them in containers so I thought this would be the best place to ask.
On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 01:50:57 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca (Rona Yuthasastrakosol) opined:

That's how I grow them.
--
Stan Goodman