Seeds arrived today in the mail

Gotta decide which ones to plant this weekend and which need to wait a while. (I know it's still too early to start tomatoes.)

Probably start with the pepinos, eggplants, snapdragons (because they go out early), and rocoto peppers. The rest of the peppers can wait until late February, and the tomatoes and tomatillos some time in March.

This may be too early for the eggplants, I dunno... I've never had much luck with eggplants up here.

Bob, in Minnesota (zone 4)

Reply to
zxcvbob

I cheated and bought bedding plants last time I grew them. My sister likes them. Hm, I'll have to think about growing some just for her. She likes to make eggplant parmesan.

They are VERY pretty plants so decorative if nothing else. I may put some of those and some Okra up front this year for landscaping. :-)

Okra have some truly beautiful flowers...

Reply to
Omelet

Bob,

We're probably somewhat south of you here in Canada ;-). But, the only thing we will be starting anytime soon will be onions, and even those not until about the second week in February. We can be reasonably safe in planning to set out tender stuff during the last week of May, so it's way too early for us to be starting tomatoes, peppers or eggplant. We normally start eggplant and peppers in late March and tomatoes around mid-April.

Ross. Southern Ontario, Canada. AgCanada Zone 5b

43º 17' 26.75" North 80º 13' 29.46" West To email, remove the "obvious" from my address.
Reply to
rossr35253

I am in western NC, not the mountains, zone 7. I start my eggplant in late March and plant out in late May. I think they like heat like peppers.

In your climate I would start them inside about the same time as I do, maybe slightly earlier and keep the inside longer and plant out mid June. If you keep them longer before planting out they may do better. I have found that if I plant peppers and eggplant later than tomatoes, they do better.

Just a thought.

Reply to
The Cook

Started mine in November, they are a foot tall. I want tomatos early. I live in So-Cal.

Reply to
Aluckyguess