Seeds...

Page 2 of 2

Well, thank you to the immigrants for providing us with a source of free, highly nutritious food that grows without any care from me, makes my yard pretty, and makes a killer wine! --S.

I think that would be a cool idea. Of course, it would mean I'd actually have to start saving some of my seeds, but that would be good motivation to do it! (Hubby has been telling me I should do this for a while now.) --S.

I re-read this original post, and the truth is that we _are_! At least, many of us are directly opposing $BigBusiness that would push special purpose genetically modified seeds at us to lock growers into a specific product line. Open-pollinated seeds that anybody can save and give away to anybody else? Now, that's radical! I gotta go re-read "Fahrenheit 451."
I appreciate that non-biased review. I'm simply one guy with a small garden like so many others here. Not trying to start any kind of revolution, not trying to go against "the man", simply thinking that I have what I have, and you guys have what you have. Nothing more, nothing less. Not selling anything and not wanting to profit. Simply my feeble attempt to connect and share. How bad can that be. Are we really at a point where everything is suspect? I promise not to send anyone dandelion seeds. I know how to remove my tomato seeds from the gelatinous mass, clean them and dry them for storage. Not rocket surgery. Pepper seeds require even fewer mental attributes. Seriously....is everyone that paranoid at this point? If so.....well??

The short story of the Texas law link: if you ain't selling, you aint dealing, so the link is a moot point. Now there are Fed laws which I strongly recommend more attention to
lots of info here on this English site( go figure) http://theseedsite.co.uk/aphis.html . There are FAQs and links on importing seeds to US such as the free permit application here: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/index.shtml included are the restricted plants and seeds, the how to do it legally stuff. For small lots of seed: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/plants/plant_imports/smalllots_seed.shtmlzone 8a, WA State. Looking for exotic herbs and veggies that woud/couldadapt.Real Wasabi is one that comes to mind, black cumin, the purple de milpatomatillo...got my Seed Savers Cat. too late for this year, interesting varitals butstill want more exotics.