Seed source: licorice mint ?

We used to have a licorice mint plant. Its leaves had a wonderful taste, and it (surprise!) wasn't even invasive. It has died, and I haven't found anywhere that sells the seed.
Anyone know of a source? I didn't see one in all the entries that google yielded.
TIA!
    -frank
snipped-for-privacy@u.washington.edu (Frank Miles) wrote:

I've found chocolate mint, smells just like the mint thin girlscout cookies... :-)
Unfortunately, I've _never_ been able to get it to live very long. <sigh>
I've tried 4 different habitats too. :-(
--
Peace, Om.

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 19:57:21 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@u.washington.edu (Frank Miles) wrote:

http://www.dabneyherbs.com /
http://mulberrycreek.com/Catalog /
http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/herbsmton.htm
These companies have a large selection of mints, and you might email them for more information.
And, to avoid confusion, you aren't talking about Anise-hyssop (_Agastache foeniculum_) are you? It's also known as Korean mint, licorice mint, or anise mint. Here are some pictures of it. http://www.holoweb.com/nature/plants/Agastache_Foeniculum.htm
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/consumer/factsheets/herbs/agastache_foeniculum.html
If that's what you're looking for, google anise hyssop or Agastache, and you'll find lots of sources.
Penelope

Wow! Thanks for the pointers. What selections!

Yes, I'd seen references to anise hyssop, but wasn't (and am still not) sure that is what we were growing. It looks interesting regardless -- think I'll try it. The picture is far too small to be sure. Our plant wasn't nearly 3' tall (half that at most), but we were growing it in a relatively dry location.

Thanks, Penelope!
    -frank