Scuppernong care

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows if scuppernong vines are salt tolerant.
I recently returned to the land where my grandmother had lived in South Carolina. As I was tromping through the trees and brambles that have grown up over the decades, I was delighted to come upon the old scuppernong vine and finding it still alive. The frame that it had grown upon had fallen around it. As a child, I had enjoyed the grapes dangling off of the frame. You could walk beneath it, and it was like a cave created from vines.
I dug up some of the vines that had touched the ground and started to take root in the soil. I brought it back to my home in Florida to try and keep a piece of my family history alive (plus the delicious fruit). My parents live in central Florida, but I live on the coast. I gave them a piece to try and root, and I brought some here. It's sometimes difficult to grow things in the sandy soil and salt air, so I became concerned, but was unable to find much information on it.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, even if it means taking all the cutting inland to my parents' house. Thank you.
Sue
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 21:39:29 -0500, Wind River

They grow in the eastern part of North Carolina, but I am not sure about the coast. Around here (western NC) you stick them in the ground and leave them alone. You can train them, but they require little extra care.
--
Susan N.

The Cook wrote:

My grandmother lived about 50 miles inland from Charleston, and the vine thrived. Hopefully, the little care will mean it'll do okay here. Thank you for the info.
Sue