scattering seeds to the wind

--WebTV-Mail-19132-31776 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
Near the rock pile is some very damp ground. What are the odds if I just scatter seed on the damp ground that some of it will take root? Have you ever done this?
--WebTV-Mail-19132-31776 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-19132-31776--
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (A) wrote in

Chances are pretty good some would take root and grow. You'll have better results if you rake them in, though. The birds will eat some, the sun will bake some, and a few will grow.
Most plants are determined things, and will at least start growing under less than ideal conditions.
Puckdropper
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (A) wrote:

Problem with scattering seeds (if you use lots of species) is, you don't know which are weeds and which are planted.
Which is why it makes sense to grow things in rows: anything sprouts in a line is planted, all the rest are weeds.
(Been there, done that, got the T.)
Henriette
--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.henriettesherbal.com
Near the rock pile is some very damp ground. What are the odds if I just scatter seed on the damp ground that some of it will take root? Have you ever done this?
Depends on the "ground", whatever that is, mostly.
--
Dave

On May 18, 10:01�pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (A) wrote:

I think I missed the whole background on this; where and what seeds?
--WebTV-Mail-19535-65497 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
radish cucumber and corn. ground was pretty hard so i dont think anything will come of it. basically wanted an enticement to get my father to move beyond his zone :-) meanwhile, the potted tomatoe plants are going like gangbusters and the potted radish and spinach is sprouting.
--WebTV-Mail-19535-65497 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-19535-65497--