Scape?

This is my first time growing hardneck garlic. I planted 3 different varieties last October and now one variety is 30 inches tall. The scapes are forming and some have made a complete twist. When should they be cut? Thanks, Steve

About a week ago. I cut mine any time I can get at them; the sooner cut, the less energy diverted from the bulb. They make excellent pesto, and are good stir-fried.
Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic Zone 5/4 in upstate New York, 1420' elevation. NY WO G

Thank you, I hoped you would answer. Steve