Saving pepper seeds

This year I've gotten an awesome crop of habanero's. My question is, how do I save the seeds for use next spring?
Walt Brothers wrote:

Select the best pepper that you can find on the plant and let it ripen until it has full color and has started to wrinkle and get rubbery. Remove the pepper, cut it open and shake out all the seeds onto a sheet of newspaper. Place the paper in a protected place indoors and let the seeds air-dry for about a week. Put the seeds in an envelope and place this in a sealed glass jar in the refrigerator until planting time next Spring.
Bill
Bill Bolle wrote:

Wear plastic / rubber gloves (or wish you had). I rather doubt if I will ever handle another habanero so long as I live. I will certainly never plant one again.
(other) Bill
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)
No offense, but hehehe. marie

how
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:12:34 -0700, "Walt Brothers"

I assume that your habaneros were grown far enough from other capsicums to minimize cross pollenization? Otherwise, next spring is a crapshoot.
Yeah, probably not, they're pretty close to my Thai's and Jalapeno's. But I'm still gonna try using the seeds if I can ever figure out what to do with them. Bill is the only one that answered my question so I guess I'll try his method.
wrote:

do