Saved seeds not sprouting. Dead seeds?

Pulled the seeds out of my sausage a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if they'll grow a sausage vine or sausage bush, tree or what.

I made the mistake of cooking the sausage first but I'm wondering if the seeds are delicate enough to be killed by the cooking. Next time I buy sausage should I pull the seeds out of at least a couple of them first?

Also - how long do they take to sprout? I've checked lots of websites on the internet but cannot find any info. Am I in the wrong "growing region" or does my soil lack something like nitrogen?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Happybattles

Quit pulling your sausage, get a job and leave home. Your mom needs a rest ;)

Reply to
Frank