Saturn Peaches

Hello all, the man of the household bought some Saturn peaches last week. I saved one pit.
How do i go about getting it to germinate and grow on a balcony.
What are the chances it'll grow into a Saturn peach and not some root stock peach?
--
NewShmoo

I have a lot of self seeded peaches coming up around my garden and most of them are very like the original parent plant. That may be because I live in the country and I don't know anyone within a 5 km radius who has other peach trees which could have pollinated mine, however, I have read that peaches are usually close to the tree from which they come. It usually takes at least 9 months for these seeeds to sprout.
Shove the kernel into some seed raising or potting mix and keep it moist till next season.
FarmI;928050 Wrote: > "NewShmoo" snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk wrote in message

> of

> live in

> peach

> peaches

Thanks for the advise. I'll give it a go.
--
NewShmoo