Roma tomatoes?

I noticed my local grocery store offering packets of "Roma Tomato" seeds but that started me wondering if they taste any better than store bought.
So, anyway, I live in the Pacific Northwest. Are Roma Tomatoes suitable for my growing region? Has anybody had trouble with Roma Tomatoes? What kind of problems am I going to run into here?
Last summer, our tomato plants were eaten down to the nub by the Columbia Blacktail Deer that frequent our property, a sight worse than being eaten by slugs. (We found deer hoofprints all over the tomato garden, and signs of deer teeth nipping away at the tomato plants.)
Tomatoes go great with venison. Roma will do fine, just plant at the appropriate time.

I can't address anything related to your specific growing area (I'm in PA) but I can certainly understand your frustration with the deer. Last year I ended up putting an 8 foot high deer fence around my 30 x 45 garden, which already had a 4 foot fence around it. One day and $150.00 later, no more deer problems.
Usually about half of my tomato plants are romas, since I like to make sauce and salsa. Always taste better from the garden.
--
Al Reid