Ripe Tomatoes by July 4th, Almost...

Page 2 of 2
> in NE GA US
Northeast Georgia United States.
I thought I did, sorry if I was not clear enough...
John!
Andy Petro wrote:

-----=============================================================================
GA Pinhead said:

I will be picking my first tomato (SunSugar) maybe today, and there is color showing on the '4th of July' plant. Planted out last week of May, started indoors second week of April. Held indoors far longer than I would have liked due to miserable May weather, so they got a bit spindly but they are extremely robust now, with lots of green tomatoes.

NE Kansas here, picked our first Jetstar on the 5th, picked 20lbs the 9th, (got lots of plants). Planted May 7th.
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 05:48:11 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@someplace.net.net (Pat Kiewicz) wrote:

I've got a few small tomatoes going, but nothing ready to turn red. The plants I started from seed aren't nearly as tall as those from store-bought plants.
The tomatoes I started in a bucket are doing ok, there's one fruit, but many more blossoms. They weren't doing so well until a week ago when I trimmed several of the weak-looking branches off. Now they're doing much better. :-)
GA Pinhead Wrote:

I'm in North East Arkansas and I am geting little Jelly Bean tomatoe that are ripe. THe big ones aren't yet but there are lots of gree ones. I have neighbors that have tons of ripe big tomatoes. But I kno mine are coming
-- Maryc
On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 18:18:43 -0400, GA Pinhead

San Joaquin Valley, CA. Planted (not from seed) in early April. I've been eating Sweet 100s ("cherry" tomatoes) for a couple weeks. Ate two regular sized ones (Better Boy?) last night. Sue
I live in Albany, NY. I picked my first smallish red tomato, June 10th. Beat last years first tomato by 10 days. Since about the 25th of June, I have been picking about 1 pound/day. The variety I am picking is called "subartic". I have raised beds on the back of my house facing south. I started them March 1 and then put them outdoors in a coldframe on April 15th. I am also picking the same variety from open field plants I also put out April 15th using Wall o Water. I should mention that I am using black IRT plastic mulch throughout. Richard
On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 18:18:43 -0400, GA Pinhead

I have been picking tomatoes for over a week. I got my first full sized tomatoes on July 6. I have already picked at least 18 pounds.
Susan In the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina
--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation,

We didn't get our garden in until May 18th this year (global warming my a**). Nothing even close to turning red right now.
But, oh boy, with 22 giant tomato plants out there, when they hit, they're really gonna hit.