Rhubarb??

Can one grow Rhubarb in containers? and do they like manure? Like to know as I have 2 bulbs to plant Rrgards Graham

It would need to be a large container, the larger the better. And yes they love manure, plant directly into well rotted manure and watch it go. hence the large containers obviously.
I dont think it's actually bulbs you've got, but what we call crowns in UK, I don't know about US, but anyway let's not fall out over terminology.
Steve
Thanks for the advise, and yes they are crowns.(LOL( Regards Graham

UK,
On 11/30/04 1:50 PM, in article 41aceb26$0$22705$ snipped-for-privacy@news.optusnet.com.au, "Graham Feeley"

Growing rhubarb in containers? I have thought of that also. But, the rhubarb plants I have seen have roots three feet plus long. The roots don't seem to have 'hair' type roots. Just long tap roots...three plus feet long. How they would do in a container, I'm not sure. You could try it as an experiment but you would be assured of success by planting in the ground....with lots of manure and lots of water...Good luck. Bill