Requesting Peanut Info

Would welcome any info about planting/growing/harvesting/preparing peanuts... including where to obtain plants, when to plant, etc.
Thanks much... Jack Melano
depends on where you are located. I'm in south AL, I buy raw peanuts and shell them and plant the nuts. Or if you plant early enough, you can plant the whole thing, shell and all. The shell will rot away. Then in october here, we use a middle buster through the rows and pick 'em.

Peanuts require a long hot growing season. You can get seed peanuts for commercial/large operations, but any ol' raw peanut will produce a plant. They are *fascinating*. I always thought peanuts grew on the roots, but nooo. The plants (quite attractive small bushes) have pretty yellow flowers which send out a sort of narrow tongue that dives down to the dirt. Peanuts form undergound from this shoot.
This site has some interesting information:
http://peanutvan.com.au/growing.htm
Googling on "growing peanuts" turned up this and many other references.