Regarding smart-stax GE corn in general and specifically in Canada

http://www.cban.ca/Resources/Topics/GE-Crops-and-Foods-On-the - Market/Corn
or
http://tinyurl.com/y9xbfsx
<http://www.cban.ca/Resources/Topics/GE-Crops-and-Foods-On-the-Market/Corn
Just a tip. You don't need the tiny URL if you enclose the link.
Tom J
phorbin wrote:

On some, long links get cut off like hers did below and then you must cut and paste:

Seems as if your regulatory agencies function in like manner as ours.
Curse whomever cursed us with, "May you live in interesting times"
The process is like watching a train wreck slowly unfold....problem is, our vantage point is from within the out of control train upon which we are stuck!
Thanks for the link, fellow choir member Phorbin. ;-)
Charlie
--

"Monsanto should not have to vouchsafe the safety of biotech food. Our
interest is in selling as much of it as possible. Assuring its safety

Government has inflicted many diseases on our first-line guardian agencies not the least of which is underfunding.

That would be the gods and I think I'll leave them alone.

My feeling exactly.
Sometimes I thnk that the best to be hoped for in the long run is being far back enough on the train to help bury the dead, transport the injured and aid the survivors. ...and far enough ahead in thinking to have a full emergency response kit in the coach.

You're welcome.
I whistle more than I sing these days but I'm in the right key, everyone knows the tune and most people seem inclined to sing as many verses as they know.

Yep. My goal is to have the response kit be able to extend into the future, that the path/paths I am choosing will benefit my children and grands.

Yep. I'm trying to focus on the present and make the most of the time before it goes really bad, developing skill sets, acquiring durable goods and things that are useful now and will have more use in a more difficult world. I have little hope for the future and seldom try and convince anyone anymore, just whistling in tune with the choir. (except for the occasional times that I forget myself and find myself embroiled in argument with the great unwashed ;-) Thankfully there are brothers to give me a good headslap in such times!)
Best to you and yours
Charlie
"As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists." ~Joan Gussow