recipie for homemade organic fertilizer

Anyone want to share their recipe for homemade organic fertilizer ? Now that winter is here in zone5, I want to plan my garden out while I wait for the warm weather to return. Thanks everyone
Jerome
JRY wrote:

There's nothing much better than liquid fertilizer made from nettles, comfrey, or, best of all, a mix of the two. Just throw the leaves in a rain barrel, or any kind of sealed container with a tap, throw in some water (I fill the barrel 1/4 full with leaves, then fill with water), leave it a month or so to rot down - the resulting liquid is the best thing you can put on any organic garden - juust be sure to stay downwind of the barrel, it smells awful!
Urine is wonderful too, if you're not shy. (o:
Gilly

There's nothing much better than liquid fertilizer made from nettles, comfrey, or, best of all, a mix of the two. Just throw the leaves in a rain barrel, or any kind of sealed container with a tap, throw in some water (I fill the barrel 1/4 full with leaves, then fill with water), leave it a month or so to rot down - the resulting liquid is the best thing you can put on any organic garden - just be sure to stay downwind of the barrel, it smells awful!