Recipe for Homemade Fertilizer?

I'm looking for a recipe for homemade fertilizer that i can sprinkle over my various vegetables in the garden. I've heard that phosphate is good, but that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge regarding fertilizers. Does anybody have a good recipe? If you can, could you also include where to buy the supplies? If you don't know where to buy the material, i don't care. Thanks!!

Get a soil test done and see what your soil lacks. Every area is going to be different.
Up here in coastal Alaska, we have to use triple the recommended P, in our new, volcanic soils.
Jan
--
The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth rib.

Try this link. I've been using it for about 5 years and it works great! http://www.westsidegardener.com/howto/fertilizer.html