Re: Water question>> AC condensate?

I've been using condensation water from my air conditioner on my front porch container plants for two years now, and they do extremely well with it. They actually seem to do better with this water than they do with tap water. The only problem I have with it is when it gets cool and there's no condensation water to empty from the collection bucket, I keep forgetting to water the plants! :)
Casey

I'm with these guys, it really is acting like a water distillation. I think bob is right, watch it if you add any stuff to the collector, but other than that, i think it would work great.
how do you intend to use it? Maybe pipe it into a plastic water drum so you can collect it 24/7 and use it as needed?
I don't seem to be having ANY drought problems here in alabama--do you need like 6" of rain? (it's ok weather if you're a duck!) later john
On 01 Jul 2003 21:32:36 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (JohnDKestell) wrote:

I run the pipe out to a birdbath. They love it.