Re: Unheated hoophouses

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:31:49 -0400, WCD

I know people who actually LIVE in a hoophouse in upstate New York. They've lived in it for 3 or 4 years. (They don't plan on living in it forever.) It's heated of course, they're living in it.
Upstate New York will not have your amount of snow, but the snow there is certainly not trivial.
The one they have is here:
http://www.hoophouse.com
I don't know which model they have. Maybe they've reinforced it, I don't know that either.
We're planning on building one, and reinforcing it, and hoping it stands up under the snow load we have here in northern Pennsylvania.
Pat