Re: Unheated hoophouses

>I'm thinking of putting up a hoophouse at my place in western Maine. >Looking at the literature, it looks like they all need to be heated in >order not to collapse under snow loads. > >Are there any hoophouses able to take snow loads without needing heat? >

I know people who actually LIVE in a hoophouse in upstate New York. They've lived in it for 3 or 4 years. (They don't plan on living in it forever.) It's heated of course, they're living in it.

Upstate New York will not have your amount of snow, but the snow there is certainly not trivial.

The one they have is here:

don't know which model they have. Maybe they've reinforced it, I don't know that either.

We're planning on building one, and reinforcing it, and hoping it stands up under the snow load we have here in northern Pennsylvania.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Meadows