Re: Summer Lettuce crop

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:57:05 -0500, "harold steig"

You can certainly start lettuce seeds soon for growing into fall's cooler weather.
BTW, I had lettuce survive a foot of snow and temperatures of 16 F this spring - so you can probably grow it for a considerable time after your first frost, maybe into December.
Pat
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 07:21:34 -0500, Aaron Baugher

Lettuce is very frost-hardy. Last spring, my lettuce survived temperatures of 16F. It was in pots too, it didn't even have the protection of its roots being in the ground.
Pat