Re: snow peas

Oregons have always been one of my favorite and most productive snow peas. They are prolific here in 5b Missouri if we get them in very early (like end of Feb if the ground can be worked). They can and do get huge (and tough) if you let them. I also like to pick them when they are about 3-4 inches. In the past we grew them closely spaced in double rows about a foot apart in long informal raised beds so they kind of support each other. They grow very densely, that way, fully covering a four-foot wide bed to a height of maybe a foot and one half at their peak. But picking is not so easy that way so we may start double trellising them instead. We are open for ideas. :)
x-no-archive: yes
In article
[Oregon Giant snow pea]

Have you tried Dwarf Gray Sugar? Great, productive, smaller vines, pretty purple flowers.
-- dkra
--
dkraatmmiiidotixdotnetcomdotcom
[Subtract two thousand and (one plus two), plus the "." of course.]
snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com (dkra) wrote:

We might have, years ago. But I will look for them again. Thanks for the recommendation :)
Phae