Re: quince tree growing

Here's some info about the quince: http://www.efn.org/~bsharvy/edible8.html#Quince
It is generally prone to the same problems as the apple, but less severely.
G'day Barrie!
snipped-for-privacy@.NO.SPAM.mcmedia.comREMOVEau writes:

You can slice the quice flesh off the core and stew it with sugar and water and the time it takes to cook is just the time it takes to bring the water to the boil (plus a few mins for good luck). I wash the fruit but don't bother peeling it. Slice in rough chinks 1/8" thick. Quinces can be spiced and cooked whole in the oven for a more gourmet- tasting dessert.

Do squirrels like quince? I discovered this year that they love very unripe peaches. Next year I'm going to have to net the trees or try some other drastic measure.
Regards, Dianna _______________________________________________ To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.