Re: New veg grower to be

Hi there,
I should be moving into my new house in the next few weeks. It alread has a small vegetable patch and I would like to carry on with this. Ha any one got any ideas or tips? I really don't have any idea on growin veg. I have bought a little book with dates of when to seed, etc. An help would be great.
Sparkly girl
sparklygirl wrote:

Where do you do this sparkling ? What's your zone ? What you can successfully grow will depend on the climate, soil and rainfall.
North west of UK.
Hope this helps

at this point in the Uk you can plant a number of relatively quick cool season crops. To keep things simple, add some manure, at least one inch, and plant lettuce and broccoli. these will get ready for september-october and are fairly easy in your climate. you could try a number of also easy to grow salad greens, such as arugula, mustard, broccoli rabe, and possibly some beets. next year you will be able to go with longer season veggies. make sure you add a lot of compost or manure to the plot during the winter, and of course, water.