Re: hot pepper question

When last we left our heros, on Thu, 21 Aug 2003 06:30:23 GMT,

All peppers ripen beyond green, most to red or yellow. You can eat them green, I suppose; but <haughty sniff>Civilized People Eat Ripe Peppers. Of course, these are cayennes we're talkin' about, and it's not as if they have much flavor.
As to the kind, there are bunches and bunches of varieties of cayenne peppers. I can think of several off the top of my head - Dragon's Claw, Elephant Trunk, Salsa...something - that can get that long.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
--Benjamin Franklin