Re: High Wheel Cultivators - HAVE IT!!!

Thank you to all for responding to my post about the high wheel cultivators. (Farmer Dill, Ross, Ev, CS, and Art)

My mother found my grandparents' cultivator. My sister didn't see it so didn't ask for it. :-)

So, now it is on my patio (on the covered part). It has only the hilling blade (attached) and one of the tined attachments. She is going to look for the rest of the attachments but I'm not hopeful they'll be found with all the grown up grass and weeds in the area. I went up there today and spent several hours boxing up things in preparation for her move and brought the cultivator back with me. Last week, the only thing she could find was the seeder which was missing one of its wooden handles; the other one fell off when I unloaded it. The seed box was so rusted that it will only be useful as a garden ornament. :-(

The cultivator is all metal and, though rusty, appears to be in good condition even though it's been left out in western Washington rain the last 20 plus years. (My grandparents lived in much drier eastern Washington before his death and Grandma moving in with my mother, and he always took excellent care of all his tools and equipment.)

Even if the remaining attachments are not found, I now have a place to go to get attachments, thanks to you folks. As you might imagine, I'm thrilled about this!

:-))

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose