Re: Basil flowering

When last we left our heros, on Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:37:17 GMT,

Hmmm, I found them to be rather tasteless and not worth the trouble. And yes, I did let them ripen. It seems to me that there are better choices for small, early and/or prolific sweet peppers. I grew mine in hanging baskets, and they were hardy plants that produced a lot of peppers, I just didn't find the taste to be worth the trouble.
Pam, who picked 5 ripe Pimento De Chiero peppers yesterday. They're hot, but really have good flavor, compliment bean dishes nicely.