Re: Banana squash question?

Repeating Decimal said:

Banana squash are in the same species as Hubbards and buttercups, Cucurbita maxima. Typically 1 or 2 good fruits can be expected per plant, maybe 3-4 for some of the buttercups or Japanese kabocha types.

I grow outdoors, in the ground. I've noticed that older leaves tend to die off for various reasons. Removing them shouldn't hurt.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

in article snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, Pat Kiewicz at snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote on 8/14/03 3:04 AM:

Thanks.
I just picked the first squash in hopes that it might stimulate the growth of others. It was absolutely delicious.
Bill